Wednesday 22 August 2012

Writing Wednesday: Tuesday's Catch Up

Hey Guys,



This is the part of the week where I update you on the work I have been creating for the week and what stage everything is up to.

It will also include the area that I have been focusing on the most and how helpful it has been to me.

So as you have probably noticed, I did not post a Talk Tuesday post yesterday, instead I used all my time on Monday and Tuesday to work through, and catch up, on some of my writing.

This week i have been focusing on the more intense chapters of Mysery. I have also placed the book on Goodreads for all to see, at present it is just the tittle and an estimated release date of early next year but it's a step forward.

I also have a front cover update for Mysery. Please tell me what you think of it.

Old Cover:


New Cover:


There are only small changes:
  • Blue background - added grey to make London scene look more polluted
  • London Eye - Slightest change in colour, slight hint darker
  • Mysery text - Different font, larger, different blend
  • Name text - Different blend, darker.
  • Size difference
  • added birds

Not only have I been writing more of Mysery and editing the front cover to suit the book,, I have also been editing a new short film called The Duckling. It's only a small piece I made when my sister came round a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to piece it together.

This piece is mainly focusing on Cinematography and Location. It is about a girl who is trying to escape from her daily life in a park and she tries to find comfort in her surroundings. I will place in the link for you to check it out. 

What's more, on my Monday and Tuesday, instead of writing a blog, I've been working on a brand new idea for a book. This has some very magical essences to it and is inspired by such books as The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, 2008.

The title of the series is Tournaments and lately I have been working on the ideas for the first book, Ernest Island. I will place more information about this book in a later Writing Wednesday post.

So now you know. Instead of writing a Talk Tuesday blog I decided to spend two whole days to my writing and Photoshop editing. I have had so much fun writing all this new stuff also as most of it is the scenes I have been dying to write for quite some time.

If you have Goodreads and want to add Mysery to your 'To-Read' list, here is the link:

If you would like to check out my new short film The Duckling, he is the link:


Please let me know your views on my new cover in the comments below.

If you have any handy writing tips, then leave a comment below and let me know

Stay safe,

Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner