Tuesday 7 August 2012

Tips for Tuesday: Five Top Tips


Hey Guys,


This is Tips for Tuesday. Here is where I give you the tips that I, loosly, follow or think that I should follow. These are either life tips or tips to do with work, maybe even specific tips to something. It may help you with something you’ve been trying to over-come or maybe it will just inspire you to try something new.

This week I'm going to tell you my five top tips that help me on a daily basis, they are loosely linked with work and writing, but they help in all aspects.

Now I'm not saying I follow my own rules, and I'm not trying to be hypocritical or condisending in any sort but I know when i follow these tips it does help.

So here's my tips, some of them may contridict themselves, but lets see what happens:

Tip One:

The way I work the best is to have a set deadline. 

Even if it's not as important as, let's say a university essay deadline, or a work deadline. It is still important to think in the back of your mind: 'I should have finished this much work by this time'

Not only will you get more work done than normal but you will have more time to do other tasks and finish the tasks quicker than normally.


Tip Two:

Enjoy what your doing.

If your not enjoying it? why not, think it over, make it more fun. 

Now for me I like to listen to music whilst working, and also in life, I try and have fun, keep young and not get too involved in situations unless I really have to.

Tip Three:

Base your work on things you know or have seen.

It's going to come to you easier.

Of course you still may stumble on some of the finer details, but there's a difference between writing a story about a character who feels lost when you have, at one stage, felt the same; than writing about a character who is lost and you don't know how it feels properly.


Tip Four:

Don't try and rush into anything, 

don't rush your work, or your life. 

It does not help, if anything standards start to drop and things get a little bit out of shape.


And Finally

Tip Five:

Live for the moment. 

I know how cheesy that is, but you should understand what I mean. 

There is no point in sitting around, compalaining that nothing happens and you don't do anything and it upsets you. 

If your bored, go out, find new friends or join a club. 

If you want to go somewhere or do something, just go and do it. 

I'm not saying drop everything and put other people out by doing these things.


So, as I said, I'm not saying these are the hints and tips for a perfect life, not even saying it may help and I'm guessing you already knew all these hint, but isn't it obvious? 

It's what we already know but we forget them all the time, I know I do, so not only am I trying to remind and help you, I'm also trying to remind myself and keep myself inspired.

If there is any tips you would like to share, or any advice you would like for next week, let me know.

Stay safe,

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner