Tuesday 4 September 2012

Take Over: Change of Schedule: Movies In September

Hey Guys,



I'm going to change the schedule around a little, seeing as I couldn't get away in time to do my blog yesterday and been rather busy, too busy to find a guest, I'm going to focus on up-and-coming films Today instead. This is my Take Over Tuesday.

Well it's 4th September, the new academic year is starting, so what does September hold for movie lovers?

First off we have the amazing new comic book film: Dredd (3D) Directed by Peter Travis:



Dredd is based in futuristic, violent city of America,  It has become a waste Land. Criminals have begun to rule the chaotic streets. The only force of order are Police have authority to act as judge, jury and executioner.  Known as 'Judges' who combine all three powers, they team up with a rookie, to try and take down a gang of drug dealers and stop the chaotic streets.

Dredd stars the lead actor out of Star Trek, Karl Urban, and got an out standing review at this years comic con. I've seen some trailers and it looks like a dark, futuristic comic, come to life.

This is a great movie for all the comic book geeks, and even the fans of comic films.

UK Release: 7/09/2012

Trailer (plus more info): http://www.totalfilm.com/news/first-full-trailer-for-dredd-watch-now


Secondly we have a brand new Stop-Motion picture: ParaNorman (3D) Directed by Chris Butler and Sam Fell



I a quite town of Blithe Hollow, Norman Babcock is a misunderstood boy who discovers he can communicate with Zombies and becomes the town's only hope.

This looks like a funny, fabulous family film with a lot of laughs and great moments for all to enjoy.

UK Release: 14/09/2012

Trailer (plus more info): http://www.totalfilm.com/news/new-trailer-arrives-for-paranorman-watch-now


Finally, the saga continues. One film that might make or break the whole franchise: Resident Evil: Retribution (3D) Directed by Paul W.S Anderson

Now I'm slightly wary about this film, I love the other films, even though they are rather over-the-top and sometimes a little unbelievable, they are still worth a watch, but I was unsure if they would bring another one out.



The Umbrella Corporation's deadly T-virus continues to destroy earth and effect the people, transforming the globe into masses of Undead, flesh eaters. The only hope is Alice, who awakens in Umbrella's operation facility, she unveils more of her complex, mysterious past.

UK Release: 28/09/2012


If there are any movies you are excited about in September then let me know underneith in the comments, any other information you have on any of these films, or any comments, let me know

If you would like to be a guest on my film blog let me know: https://www.facebook.com/MattThomFilm?ref=hl

Stay Safe:

Matt

3 comments:

  1. I saw a commercial for a new Tim Burton movie coming out for Halloween...can't remember the name but looked really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankenweenie? About Frankenstein's dog? I've seen the first ever short clip he made of that, it is a rather cute story. Something to look forward to in October I guess :)

      Delete
    2. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1142977/ Summery and Review for you :) xx

      Delete

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner